June Glossy Box : Review & Swatches

Saturday, June 25, 2011
By now you have probably guessed that most people aren't at all happy with their June GlossyBoxes. Different people had different products and I must admit that seeing what some people had I am quite pleased with mine. So, here are my thoughts on the items inside the controversial June box and what I had...


Batiste Dry Shampoo, Original 50 ml value approx £0.75

GlossyBox say : A trusted summer must-have. This handy handbag size is perfect for refreshing your style wherever you are! Extend the life of your blow-dry or add some texture to slick hair. Batiste will leave your hair smelling and looking fabulous!

I say : this is the part of the Glossy Box that for me and many others was a huge disappointment. "Each GlossyBox contains five selected luxury product miniatures." << That there is taken from the GlossyBox website, now I don't know about you but I really do not class Batiste as a luxury product! Granted I will be using this product but the whole point of signing up to GlossyBox for me was to trial products that I wouldn't normally be able to afford to buy.


 Lalique, Perles de Lilique 4.5 ml approx value £3.06

GlossyBox say : Hello, old-school glamour! Up the ante with Perles, a traditional and glamorous chypre, using natural raw materials from around the world. We adore the art-deco inspired flacon, a must for any femme fatale's dressing table! 

I say : I agree that the bottle is very pretty and will look lovely on my dressing table. For me unfortunately that is where it ends. This perfume is very musty and is not a fragrance I personally would choose. However, that is my personal opinion, everyone likes different fragrances.

 Bioeffect BGF Serum travel size £30

GlossyBox say : Feel the full effect of Epidermal Growth Factor, Iceland's best-kept beauty secret! A veritable potion of youth - Bioeffect's EGF Serum stimulates the growth of new skin cells, resulting in a great complexion  hydrated and overall younger looking skin. Suitable for all skin types and ages.

I say : I haven't yet tried this product but am very much looking forward to giving it a go. This sample size alone is worth £30, the full size bottle costs £125!! Things like this right here is why I subscribe to GlossyBox.

 OPI Designer Series Mini Nail Lacquer 3.75 ml approx £4.19

GlossyBox say : Perfect to set off your tan, OPI's Designer Series nail lacquer comes in glittering, glamorous shades crowned with diamond dazzle for June. 

I say : I'm really pleased to have received this as I have never tried OPI and probably never would as I can't justify spending that much money on nail varnish. The bottle is tiny but when we signed up we were aware that we were signing up for samples.
Pictured next to a full size Nails Inc (freebie) for size comparison
 

 Rouge Bunny Rouge, Secret places of Love shade 054, 7 ml (full size) £20

GlossyBox say : Allude to the tigress in you while remaining the epitome of polished chic. This lip gloss is enriched with a cocktail of Sesame, Boswellia Oils and Vitamin E. Together, they hydrate and plump to give your lips a fuller, magnified look.

I say : I love this lip gloss! The colour is lovely, it has lovely gold shimmery undertones. I don't know about the plumping effect, it doesn't seem to have made my lips any fuller. It definitely is a very hydrating lip gloss though and I will be using this.


really didn't want to do a lip shot as I have loads of spots :( I just had to show you how lovely the colour looks though!

Overall verdict : Batiste to me is a complete let down as it doesn't fit with the GlossyBox image, but ignore the Batiste and I am happy with what I received. The total contents of the box are worth £58, for £10 you really can't complain. The only product that I won't be using is the perfume, purely because the fragrance doesn't do it for me.

GlossyBox have said that as from September they will be adding an extra £2.95 onto the monthly subscription to cover postage. They announced this yesterday which was real stupid due to the fact that everyone was already in uproar, wait for people to calm down before you announce this! I will continue my subscription for July and August, these two boxes will be the decider on whether I stay with GlossyBox or switch to Boudoir Prive who look set to be GlossyBoxes rivals!

*Disclaimer* I Paid for this with my own money. and am in no way licking PR bum.  I know that a lot of people aren't at all happy with this months GlossyBox, I too was initially annoyed when I heard that there was a Batiste sample in the box! I have seen people bloging and tweeting suggesting that those who are happy with their boxes this month are licking bum. I am not! These are my total honest opinions.