Glossy Box No.1 - What I received, swatches and thoughts

Thursday, May 19, 2011
Hi all, I received my first Glossy Box today :) It didn't disappoint! I had a feeling it would be arriving today so was quite relieved when my friend text to say she couldn't make Boxercise today, that meant I could get straight home from work and play! My face dropped when I saw a 'while you were out' card, thankfully it was telling me that my parcel was across the road! Apologies if you have seen this post a thousand times elsewhere but I'm posting about it anyway as I love it so much! Here is what I received:


cute packaging :)


WOW!

















the eagle eyed amongst you may spot a discount code here




























What I think of the products :

Como Shambhala Invigorate Lotion

This product is very moisturising, another plus is that it is free from parabens, petrochemicals, artificial colour, artificial fragrance and Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. The downside for me personally is that I find the smell quite pungent - I won't be repurchasing due to this.

All for Eve Lipstick created by Daniel Sandler - Eve Red

I LOVE this! I have never been brave enough to try a red lipstick before, I can see this being a real advantage to the Glossy Box as I will be trying products that I would never usually consider. The product is described as 'bold and beautiful' and I have to agree! What better excuse to repurchase than the fact that buying this product helps women fight cancer!

Bionova Lab - Bioactive Cleanser for normal/dry skin

This really is a miniature product! It has a lovely fragrance, nothing too much just a hint of a fragrance. It feels lovely on the skin and they say it 'removes all traces of impurities without damaging the skin's natural barrier system'. Sounds good to me! I can't really comment on whether or not I would repurchase as it is a product I would have to finish to really know how good it is. However, I would usually purchase products for sensitive skin.

Alterna - Caviar Anti-Aging Rapid Repair Spray

Again this is quite a generous size for a sample. It has a lovely fragrance and is said to be a 'vitamin packed finishing spray that immediately transforms the look and feel of hair.' You can use it throughout the day to restore vibrancy. I wouldn't like to comment on this after using it for a while.

NARS - Orgasm Illuminator

I'm sure that you all know of this product already! This is the first time I've tried NARS and I must admit, I'm impressed! I've only tried it on my hand so far as you can see in the swatches above. It blends in so nicely and has such a lovely shimmer with just a hint of colour. When I first put it on my hand it looked as though it would be way too dark for me, but after blending it goes lovely! I probably won't be repurchasing this purely down to the cost of it.


If you haven't yet heard of Glossy Box you can subscribe here. It costs £10 a month and every month they send you five high end samples. Bearing in mind that in this package I had two full size products I think this is quite good! The NARS retails at £21.50 and the Lipstick at £10.50, so in my £10 box I had over £32 worth of products! Bargain!