Review: 17 Photo Flawless Primer

Monday, May 30, 2011


I've seen so many people review this product, it seems a bit like marmite, most of the reviews I've seen are singing its praises, the other 25% or so are saying that it isn't really very good. I decided to try it out myself.

Pros
  • The packaging is nice, it is simple yet quite stand out-ish. 
  • Application is lovely, it blends into the skin really nicely, dissolving into my skin almost instantly.
  • My foundation does last a little longer when wearing this.

Cons
  • Other Primers that I have used have given me more longevity, when using this on a working day by 5pm I haven't got a lot of foundation left. 
  • I have been using this for a while now and have found that as the primer is going down when you squeeze the tube it seems to spit random blobs across the room!

Value for money
As far as I can see this product really isn't value for money. It costs £4.99 which is cheap but you only get 15 ML! This works out as £3.33 per 10 ML! When you take into account the amount that I've lost through the random blobs shooting out it really isn't great!

I've heard a lot of people praising up the Witch Primer (which I have to try soon!) so lets compare the costs. The Witch Primer costs £6.99 for 30 ML which works out as £2.33 per 10 ML, a whole £1 per 10 ML cheaper than the 17 Primer!

I am currently on my quest to find the 'Holy Grail' of Primers, if you have any recommendations please let me know. My skin is oily.