NOTD - Funky leopard

Monday, April 11, 2011
I decided to attempt leopard print nails for the first time with a bit of help from Leanne over at Do Not Refreeze (btw if you don't already follow her and you love nail art then follow her!). As I'd never attempted leopard print before I hopped straight over to Leanne's blog in the hope that I would find a tutorial and find one I did! I used this fab tutorial, which was very easy to follow. Unfortunately mine didn't come out anywhere near as good as Leanne's, but I think for a first attempt they aren't too bad! Hopefully I'll get better with practice!

These are the products I used :


I don't have a nail art pen so I used my Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner Pen which worked a treat!

two coats
I love the colour of this 17 nail varnish, shade 'Wave'. It claims that it wears for up to 10 days, I applied it on the Thursday and it was chipped by the Saturday. I did do a lot of housework on the Saturday and it was fine up until then so if I hadn't of done so much work then maybe it would of lasted longer, but I don't think it would of lasted for 10 days.

These polishes have the new maxi brush for easy application which I LOVE! It isn't the best for attempting the fiddly bits of nail art but for all over polish I find the brush makes life easier.

Boots are currently running a 3 for 2 offer on selected 17 products, these are £3.99 in Boots so with this offer I got three shades for £7.98 - bargain!

I then followed Leanne's tutorial by applying Rimmel's French Manicure white to different parts on each nail, when this had dried I added random bits of 17 Sphinx, again gorgeous colour, same product as Wave. I then drew black lines around the white with my Eyeko Graffiti Eyeliner and attempt to do 'c' shapes around the gold, I finished with a clear top coat.

As I said, its not perfect, but this is the first time I've ever really done anything other than crackle polish so I'm pleased with the result! Thanks Leanne for the fab tutorial!!

Leanne
xoxo