Come Bake with Me - Chocolate Brownies

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hi all, slightly different post to usual today, I hope you enjoy :) 

I made chocolate brownies the other day and they were gorgeous! I thought I’d share the recipe and snaps with you all.


 You will need:
80g of butter
40g of unsweetened cocoa powder
145g of caster sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
60g of plain (all purpose) flour
½ teaspoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt
100g of chocolate chips I used dark chocolate
I also added ground cashew nuts and marshmallows.



 Preheat the oven to 180OC (350OF / Gas mark 4.) Lightly grease an 18 x 28 cm (7 x 11 inch) rectangular shallow tin and line the base with baking paper, leaving the paper hanging over on the two long sides.  I don’t have many baking trays so didn’t bother measuring mine, I just used the smallest I have and didn’t fill it up.

Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the cocoa and sugar, then the eggs.


 Put a sieve over the saucepan and tip in the flour and baking powder, along with a pinch of salt. Sift into the saucepan, then stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.   This is where I added my nuts and marshmallows.



 Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin, then lift out and cut into pieces.  I followed these instructions and found mine were quite dry, I like brownies to be ‘gooey’. I suggest taking them out after fifteen minutes to see how they are then.



Then enjoy :)


 I followed the recipe from one of my favourite cookbooks - Cakes & Slices.



 I hope you liked this tutorial, I certainly enjoyed making them! What is your food to make? Do you like this type of post?