Book Review: Martina Cole - The Business

Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Hi all, hope you're okay :) I decided to do something a bit different tonight as I have recently finished reading my latest book. I think I will review every book I read from now on, it won't happy often as it can take me a while to read a book, unless it is a really good book that I can't put down!



Overall this is a good read. Like all other Martina Cole books it covers dark subjects, drugs, prostitution, gangs - everything that I love in a good book.

The story line was a very good one, and I recommend this book.

But the downside for me is that the book seemed quite dragged out. I like a book that is straight to the point and gripping. A cliff hanger at the end of the chapters is desirable for me as otherwise I'll put the book down and not pick it back up for a while. For me even though this was a good story line it just didn't have the excitement that made me want to read it, which is why it took me about four months to read it!

I'm currently reading Stuart Cable's autobiography. I absolutely love the Stereophonics and was honestly gutted when Stuart passed away. I didn't actually know he had a book out until he passed away, and then obviously it sold out everywhere! Spencer managed to pick it up for me for Christmas, now I've finally finished the above book I can get around to reading it! I will review it when I have finished, shouldn't be too long as it is quite a small book.

What books do you recommend? I have the Millenium Trilogy waiting when I finish Stuart's.

Leanne
xoxo