My first proper MAC Experience

Monday, August 29, 2011
Hi guys, how are you all? Have you been enjoying the bank holiday weekend? Today is my Sunday, so what better to do on a pretend Sunday than blog? Nothing!

Whilst in Reading I decided to brave the MAC counter. I've been wanting to get colour matched for a while now but have always been put off by bitchy sales assistants/the shop being too busy/unhelpful sales assistants. I saw that the MAC shop in The Oracle was really quiet so decided to give it a go. The girl who served me was lovely. She asked me to remove all my make-up and did a full face of foundation for me after matching the colour to my skin. She started with moisturiser, then primer, then applied the foundation with a brush. She talked me through everything and recommended certain products. She was in now way pushing me to buy MAC products and even recommended some Body Shop products.

After applying the foundation she asked if I was happy with it but in no way pressurised me to buy it. She was obviously happy that I did decided to buy it but didn't put any pressure on me to buy that or any additional products. This has made me a lot more likely to visit that store again.

I was matched to a NW15 and bought the Studio Fix foundation. I also paid a little extra for the pump, altogether it cost me £22 and something pence or around that.

The foundation has good lasting power and quite full coverage. It applies nicely and doesn't leave my skin oily which a lot of foundations do.




Blended into my hand.

I've always been a high street make-up girl not really seeing the point in paying for expensive make-up brands. Since starting blogging and seeing so many people rave about MAC I had to try it out to see what the fuss is all about, I hate to admit it, but I may now have caught the MAC bug!

Do you like to pay more for high end or do you prefer to stick to high street?