Recipe : Chocolate Fridge Cake, No baking!!

Thursday, August 25, 2011
Hi all, this is a scheduled post as I will be either on my way or in Reading as you read this. Unfortunately not the festival :( My brother-in-law (to be) lives in Reading so we are taking advantage of the long weekend by booking some days off work to make it even longer and taking a trip to Reading!

I will be back sometime on Sunday, probably late evening, so will be catching up on all your blog posts then. Is it really pathetic that I'm going to miss blogging so much?

Anyway, onto the subject of this post! I thought I'd leave you all with a easy chocolate cake recipe to give you something to do with the extra day off work! I originally saw this recipe on Gretal Rabbit's blog and had to give it a go! A cake with no baking sounds too good to be true!

It wasn't too good to be true...

You will need:
200g of Unsalted Butter
100ml of Golden Syrup
50g of Cocoa Powder
400g of Digestive Biscuits (I went for chocolate biscuits, as I'm a chocolate addict)
200g of chopped nuts (or any other dry ingredient would work)




how cool is this butter packet? No need to weigh it!
The method...
 Cube the Butter and then place it in a saucepan along with the Golden Syrup and Cocoa Powder. Heat on a medium heat until the ingredients are combined, and the mixture is smooth and glossy (as pictured below).

Break your biscuits into even sized chunks. This was quite therapeutic
Place the broken biscuits into a bowl with the nuts.

Mix the chocolate mixture into the biscuit and nut mixture until it is evenly coated. 
Spoon the mixture into the tray/dish that you want the cake to set in and flatten it off.
(I mixed it together in the baking dish that I left it to cool in, less washing up!)
 When the mixture has cooled pop it into the fridge for a few hours to set, and voilĂ , you have a gorgeous chocolate cake!!
Enjoy :)