August Glossy Box : Review

Thursday, August 18, 2011
Hi all, I was super excited to come home from work to receive my GlossyBox today, this and my Boudoir Prive box all in one week, I have been spoilt! This is the first time that I've ever opened my GlossyBox without first seeing what other people have received, it was really nice to have the surprise!




The products...


Rebel Nails Tattoo Design Nail Wraps set of 16 (full pack for fingers) value £7.99

GlossyBox say : Welcome to the Nail Revolution! Rebel Nails' nail wraps are easy to apply, long lasting and kind to nails. No chipping, fading or wear. Amazing professional finishes and designs are now available at your finger (or toe) tips!
They have given us a 15% discount off our next purchase.

I say : I'm super excited to try these out, I love the tattoo design, I've never seen a nail design like it before! I like that there are 16 in the pack so there are a few spares. I will post a separate review once I have tried these out.

KMS California Hairstay 200 ml (full size) value $10.99 (approx £6.70)

GlossyBox say : Primer for your hair! The foam-to-liquid crackle formula enhances natural movement and bounce while boosting the performance of styling product for style that lasts.

I say : This seems to me like a hair mousse, it is described as a weightless style foundation. I haven't yet tried it so am unable to comment, I don't tend to use a lot of products in my hair to be honest so may not get around to trying this out.

AHAVA Deadsea Water Mineral Body Lotion 40 ml value approx £3.15

GlossyBox say : Part of AHAVA's new My Skin Reborn range, this quickly absorbed richly moisturising lotion draws on the properties of Dead Sea minerals to effectively hydrate, nourish and protect the skin.
They have given us a 10% discount off our next purchase.

I say : When first applying this to my hand it smelt quite overpowering, within a couple of minutes the smell fades into quite a nice calming smell. It absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves the skin feeling nice and soft.

Daniel Sandler Baby Jet Mascara 4.5 ml (full size) value £12.80

GlossyBox say : Baby Jet is especially ideal for very short lashes around the inner and outer corner of eyes. The Micro-Fine brush is perfect for precise, non-messy application.
They have given us a 10% discount and free p&p on our next purchase.

I say : Initially I didn't like the look of the thin brush on this mascara as I've always used thicker brushes. Upon trying the mascara I found that this thin brush made the application a lot easier without compromising on volume. Due to the thin brush application isn't messy and its easier to coat all lashes.
 Below are pictures without mascara, with one coat and with several coats. You will see that it really has filled and lifted my lashes nicely.

No mascara...
One coat...
Several coats...

Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser 30 ml value approx £4.35

GlossyBox say : Salicylic Acid is the hero ingredient in this dual action, extra gentle cleanser. Clinically proven to increase cell turnover, it reduces blemishes while diminishing wrinkles and keeps your skin smooth and glowing!
They have given us a 33% discount plus free p&p on our next purchase.

I say : I do suffer with spots and I am 26 so should be using anti-ageing products (you should start in your 20s) so this product is a great combination for me. The slight problem with this for me is that my skin can take a while to get used to a new cleanser so this sample may not be big enough for me to see a true reflection of the product. I will definitely try it out though and may possibly re-purchase as I do like the sound of it.

Overall verdict : GlossyBox have provided a good mixture of products this month including hair care, nails, make-up, face and body, this is the type of mixture that I like to receive. 
I will definitely be using at least four of the five products, the only product I might not use is the KMS California, this is due to the fact that I don't use a lot of product in my hair.
I received three full size products this month, which again is more than I expect! 
The total value of the products amount to approximately £35, not too bad for £10 hey!

Have you received your August box yet? Did your products differ much to mine? I haven't yet read any other reviews so am looking forward to seeing what other people received! If you've reviewed yours feel free to leave the link below :)