Recipe : Stilton Turkey Burgers

Wednesday, November 16, 2011
I've been cooking again :)

I originally planned to follow the Weight Watchers recipe for Chicken Burgers with Crumbled Blue Cheese, but as is becoming the norm I made a few changes.



The recipe was flawed from the start as they didn't have any mince chicken in my local Tesco, so I settled for Turkey instead.

I used:
633g of Turkey Mince, approx 50g of Blue Stilton, 30g / 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs, 1 Dorot Chilli cube, 2 Dorot Garlic cubes, 4 finely sliced red onions, part baked Ciabatta rolls.

The method:

Pre-heat your grill to a medium heat.
Add turkey, breadcrubs, onions, cheese, garlic and chilli into a bowl...

Combine the ingredients *hint wet your hands to prevent sticking*


and separate into four thick patties...


Place under the grill, turning occasionally, until fully cooked. Mine took approximately 30 minutes but this does depend on the thickness. I suggest cutting the burgers in half to check that they are cooked through.


Serve the burgers in your Ciabatta rolls, add any sauce/salad that you require...


Enjoy!! 


The original Weight Watchers recipe gives 9 Pro Points for each burger, I think mine will be slightly less as I skipped the sauces out and used Ciabatta rolls.

This is the first time that I've made burgers and I can't believe how quick and easy it was! I'm now super excited for the 2012 BBQ season!