Recipe : Peanut Butter Cups

Tuesday, November 29, 2011
I saw this recipe on Ellieand's blog a while back and had to attempt these beauties for myself! I'm a huge fan of Reese's Peanut Butter cups so the thought of making them in my own home really appealed to me!


 I didn't have enough ingredients to make 12 so I just made 6, I will list the correct ingredients to make 12.

You will need:
40g Icing Sugar
125g Peanut Butter
25g Butter
Cupcake cases
400g Chocolate (you can use whichever you prefer, I used dark)

 Add the Peanut Butter and normal Butter to a microwaveable bowl, microwave for 10 - 20 seconds until melted. Mix together well.
Gradually sift the icing sugar into the mixture.
Melt your chocolate and then add a thin layer to each cupcake case, making sure that the bottom is completely covered. (note that you will need to save some melted chocolate for the top of the cups.)
 Add a dollop of the Peanut Butter mixture to each cupcake case.
 Cover the Peanut Butter mixture with the remainder of the melted chocolate.

Place your baking tray in the fridge for at least three hours or until set, and enjoy :)