Recipe : Philly Meatballs

Thursday, November 10, 2011
After seeing the Philadelphia advert with the Philly Meatballs practically everyday for a month I decided that I needed to try these Philly Meatballs! I found the recipe on their website here but altered it slightly to suit what I had in the house.

I used:

Six Pork & Leek Sausages (any sausages can be used, these are just what I had in the freezer), one Dorot Crushed Garlic Cube, one beef OXO cube (made up with approx 75ml water), two chopped red onions, 1/2 a tub of light Philadelphia with Chives, spaghetti

The method:

Cook the spaghetti (or other pasta) as directed on the packet...
Skin the sausages (I found this strangely therapeutic!)...

When you have skinned your sausages roll the meat into meatballs, I made three meatballs from each sausage... 

Fry the meatballs until browned all over and cooked through...

Remove the meatballs from the pan and put to the side on some kitchen paper to absorb any excess grease...

Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook gently to soften the onions...

add the Philadelphia and the stock to the pan...

heat until the Philadelphia has melted...

stir the meatballs into the mixture...

serve over your spaghetti...
and enjoy :)