November Boudoir Prive : Review

Saturday, November 26, 2011
I love when my beauty box arrives on a Saturday, it makes life a lot easier and I actually get to see the contents before I see any spoilers!

My Box...


The Contents...


Skincare - Korres Wild Rose 24 Hour Moisturiser
Boudoir Prive say : A 24-hour moisturising and brightening cream. The Wild Rose oil is a natural source of vitamin C and helps repair fine lines and uneven skin tone. The combination of grape seed and phytic acid work together to maintain a youthful complexion.


I say : This really does have a lovely smell, it isn't as powerful as I'd expected which is a good thing for me. It is a facial moisturiser and has SPF protection. I'll definitely be using this.

The price : £19 for 40ml, we received 10ml which makes this sample worth approx £4.75

Haircare - Rahua Voluminous Shampoo & Conditioner
Boudoir Prive say : Create thick, glossy and bouncy hair with this 100% natural voluminous shampoo & conditioner. The lemongrass and green tea remove excess oils from the hair, whilst jojoba adds moisture and nourishment. Rich in Omega-9, it deeply penetrates the hair and helps restore and strengthen follicles.


I say : I'll be honest, I'm disappointed to receive sachets in my box. When I subbed to GB I had the option to say that I didn't want to receive sachets, with BP I didn't have the option. I find sachets such a nuisance, I never remember to open them before going in the shower and then they become impossible to open when your hands are wet! I will try these though and they do sound very good with all the natural oils.

The price : Voluminous Shampoo £27 for 275ml, we received two 10ml sachets which makes this sample worth approx £1.96
Voluminous Conditioner £28.50 for 275ml, we received two 8ml sachets which makes this sample worth approx £1.66

Bodycare - Dead Sea Spa Magik Silky Smooth Body Lotion
Boudoir Prive say : Dead sea minerals are renowned for their therapeutic and cosmetic properties. This creamy and silky body lotion will leave your skin feeling deeply hydrated and nourished. It aims to improve elasticity whilst soothing and preventing dryness.


I say : This isn't the nicest smelling moisturiser I've ever tried but it isn't a horrible smell either. It sinks into the skin nicely and leaves it feeling soft.

The price : £7.70 for 350ml, we received 50ml which makes this sample worth approx £1.10

Make-up - Studiomakeup Rich Hydration Lipstick shade Shimmering Sands

Boudoir Prive say : For lustrous lips use Studiomakeup's creamy and hydrating lipstick. Available in 4 rich and vibrant colours, the anti-aging and moisturising formula is perfect for the coming frosty months.


I say : I love the idea of this nourishing lipstick and I love the packaging. I was very pleased to see this in the box until I saw the colour. This is not a colour I would tend to wear. This is why we could do with a beauty profile.

The price : £12.25 for 4g, we received a full size lipstick

Lifestyle - Vinies Ayurveda's Soul Luminous Skin Mask
Boudoir Prive say : As featured on Vogue.co.uk, enhance your complexion with Vinies Luminous Skin Mask. The gentle exfoliants and natural skin brighteners will even skin tone and keep your skin glowing through the day. With the finest ingredients including mint leaf, Licorice root and magnolia extract, this product is suitable for all skin types.


I say : This has quite a strange smell, as you would expect from the ingredients! The smell is quite fresh though and I'm sure it will leave skin feeling very refreshed. This looks like a product that may work well. I'm looking forward to trying it.

The price : £32.85 for 400gm, we received two 15gm pots which makes this sample worth approx £24.68

Overall verdict

  • Total box price is approximately £46.40
  • All of the products bar the lipstick will get used. Which is a shame because the lipstick would be so nice in different colour.
  • Boudoir Prive have now rewarded their loyal subscribers by not charging us the postage price that has recently been introduced. This has made me feel a lot happier with BP as I did start to feel that they were focusing too much on new customers and not us loyal subscribers.


Did you receive a BP box this month? Did you have the same contents as me?

If anyone has had a different shade lipstick to me and would like to swap please let me know :)