Review : November Glossy Box

Tuesday, November 22, 2011
I received my GlossyBox yesterday :) It was with a neighbour so by the time I received it it was too late to post about it, better late than never! Talking of late, last month I received my box on the 17th, this month the 21st. I haven't even received my Boudoir Prive box yet as they are having problems. I do hope that they manage to get next months boxes out on time.



The products...
 Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps full size £6.65

GlossyBox say : The new Nail Rock designer nail wrap range is designed to last up to 7 days on nails and 8 weeks on the toes. They won't chip or stain the nail, require no drying time and deliver on trend style in just 15 minutes.

I say : I was pleased to see these in my box and love the design of the wraps I received. I still haven't tried nail wraps despite owning several. They are something that really appeal to me yet I never end up using. I will use these, I will!

GlossyBox have given us a code for 15% off this range.

 MONU Skin Perfector 50ml (full size) value £16.25

GlossyBox say : A weightless cream which instantly smooths imperfections and enhances natural radiance as it glides onto the skin.

I say : This product has soft focus technology for fine lines and expression lines. I'm really keen on anti-ageing products at the moment so am looking forward to trying this. I like the silver top as I think it makes it look like an expensive product. I'm not so sure about the scent of this, it has an almost medical smell to it, kind of like Savlon? 

GlossyBox have given us 10% off this range.
 ARBONNE FC5 Cooling Foot Creme 15ml value approx £2.42

GlossyBox say : Moisturising, non greasy foot creme hydrates rough, dry skin and soothes, cools and comforts tired feet.

I say : Another product that I'm happy to receive. I have terrible dry skin on my feet and am always trying to find the holy grail product. This smells nice and minty like your average foot cream.

 Dead Sea Spa Magik Bath Salts 250g value approx £1.38

GlossyBox say : 2011 Beauty Awards winner. Fantastic for alleviating dry skin conditions as well as a natural exfoliant, Dead Sea Bath Salts remarkably improves skin texture.

I say : I received the salt scrub by this brand in a previous box and loved it. I'm happy to receive products from a brand that I have previously received stuff from provided it isn't the same product, which this isn't. I don't tend to have baths but really should start having them more often as I do have a jacuzzi bath. Maybe this bag of natural goodness will tempt me into the bath!
You can also add oil to these to make a body scrub or use them for a foot soak.

GlossyBox have given us 25% off our next order.

SERGE LUTENS L'Eau Serge Lutens 1ml value approx £0.86

GlossyBox say : A lasting sensation of wearing a "clean" scent for men and women.

I say : I'm not sure how I like these mixed sex fragrances. This is very overpowering on first spray but after a while it does smell very nice. Its not something that I would usually choose but it is something that I will happily use. It may even sway me from going for the sweet perfumes in the future.

SERGE LUTENS Vitriol d'Oillet 1ml value approx £0.78

GlossyBox say : A new and elegant carnation fragrance for both men and women.

I say : This isn't as overpowering as L'Eau Serge Lutens, its actually not a very powerful smell at all. I'm undecided on this one at the moment.

Overall verdict : 

  • The total product value comes to approximately £28.34. It doesn't total as much as previous boxes, but it is still over double what we paid for the box.
  • Most of these products, if not all, will get used eventually.
  • The perfume samples have spray tops which I much prefer, these are very handy for popping in your handbag.
  • I would like to see more make-up in these boxes. We seem to get a moisturiser every month, which is getting a little boring now. I'm receiving them quicker than I'm using them. 

Also, a heads up to non GB subscribers. They have said that there will be a special surprise in the Christmas GlossyBox so if you are tempted to sign up it may be worth doing so for the December box! You can sign up here. Fingers crossed its more than a Christmas card!

Did you receive this month's box? What products did you get? Were you happy?