Week in Photos #28

Sunday, September 18, 2011
This week has been...

FUN - this was technically last week but I didn't do a week in photos last week so its going in with this week! We went up the local pub where a live band were playing. We missed the band but went up in time to see our mate Mikey take over the microphone to sing Oasis, he has even got the Gallagher pose going on!


DEPRESSING - I don't know about everywhere else but the weather in Wales has been horrific. The rain has been pouring and it has been freezing! I've spent most evenings cwtched up in my onsie!

A SHOCK - I was very surprised to discover that my sunflowers have actually started flowering. I'm wondering if they are maybe a little backwards, flowering now that its like winter!

INTERESTING - We picked this up in a shop in Cardiff on Saturday. Its strange.




TOURISTY - My future brother-in-law came down for the weekend with his partner. He lives in Wokingham and she has recently moved with England from Turkey. This is only the second time that she has been to visit Wales so we tried to cram a lot in! 

We spent the day/night in Cardiff on Saturday. We started with some serious shopping which ended quite abruptly when Leighton (bro-in-law) stopped a shop lifter, not once, but twice! We were walking through one of the arcades in Cardiff when a bloke came running out of a shop with some coats. Leighton managed to grab him and they took him into the shop. The security guard was quite old and didn't look like he could handle the situation, Leighton had a feeling that the thief might escape so he hung around. He was right, the bloke came running from the shop so Leighton and another guy chased him from the arcade and managed to catch him in the next arcade, he fell and cut his head open then peed himself when they held him on the floor waiting for the Police - all quite interesting! 
We had a drink to calm the nerves and then headed over to Cardiff Bay. We were planning on going on a speedboat trip but due to the weather we chickened out! We had a walk around the Bay, visited the Torchwood shrine and several other landmarks before heading to Terra Nova for a few more drinks! We then had a lovely meal in Bosphorus, a Turkish restaurant, as Leighton's girlfriend is Turkish!
Today we went up to Blaenavon railway. Spencer and Leighton's father volunteers up there restoring the old railway line. They extended it and had a grand opening on Friday. We had a backstage tour courtesy of dad-in-law which meant donning the neon orange jackets! It was very interesting and it really is so pretty watching the steam trains climb through the valleys.




YUM - The first two photos are two of my four courses that I had in Bosphorus! We had the feast which is a small selection of various dishes, it was gorgeous! We stopped at Krispy Kreme earlier in the day, I now have enough stamps on my card to have my next drink free. The last photos is my lunch on Friday, there is a steak hidden under the mushrooms and onion rings. I didn't eat anything else all day so figured that this was okay for my diet. As for the rest I came off the diet for the weekend!

I hope that you've all had a lovely week and am sorry that I've been a bit absent, as you can see the weekend has been hectic!