17 Magnetised Nail Varnishes - All Shades

Thursday, September 22, 2011
I have been very eager to get my hands on 17's range of magnetised nail varnishes since I first saw pictures of them. It was love at first site. I set a reminder in my phone for the launch date and waited (not so patiently). They were due to be launched on the 21st September, I checked boots.com on the 20th and to my joy they were available! I ordered all four shades to be delivered to my house and spent all day today hoping that a) they'd been delivered and b) the postman left them with a neighbour instead of taking them to the depot. I came home to a card from a courier saying I had a parcel next door, it was them, I was very happy!!


They come in four shades. Grey, Blue, Green & Lilac all of which are lovely deep shimmery colours.

 The magnet pulls off to reveal the paint brush.

After applying a base coat, one coat of each colour and holding the magnet over the nail for roughly ten seconds straight after application.

As you can see they come out amazingly! I'm so in love with these polishes right now its crazy. They look different in every light and have the most amazing shimmer.

The one problem I will say is that the instructions aren't very clear. The instructions simply say to apply the nail varnish and hold the magnet above while still wet, then paint a top coat when dry. I figured out that the magnet came off the top when I attempted to remove the top. I found that it worked best while holding the magnet in place for ten seconds above each nail. I did one nail at a time.

If you apply the nail varnish on thickly and tilt your head to the side to watch the action you can actually see the nail varnish being pulled up towards the magnet - so clever!

I honestly cannot recommend these polishes enough, yes the instructions weren't clear but when you figure out how to use them they are very easy to use, the effect is memorising and they are very reasonably priced.

You can buy them in selected Boots stores or on-line and they are priced at £5.99 each. They are currently on offer for 3 for 2, which I annoyingly missed out on as the offer started the day after I bought them, serves me right for being so impatient I guess!

After I finished playing I painted all my nails green. (serious photo overload but they are just so pretty!)






with flash
Aren't they adorable?

Have you tried any magnetised nail polishes?