Review : VIVO Costmetics Eyeshadow Trio & Concealer

Monday, September 26, 2011
As I'm sure most of you are already aware VIVO cosmetics have recently launched in Tesco stores. VIVO cosmetics are very reasonably priced high quality make-up, with prices starting from just £1.50 they are certainly worth a try!

They describe their products as being 'alive with colour' and have been called 'the MAC of supermarket make-up brands'.

The lovely Kerry at VIVO agreed to send me some products to review. I received the Trio Eyeshadow Palette in Sugar Plum, the Undereye Roll on Concealer in Light (Shade 1) and a set of false eyelashes in Full On.


Today I am going to be showing you the Undereye Roll on Concealer and the Trio Eyeshadow Palette. I'm not very good when it comes to applying false lashes so have asked my sister to trial these for me...separate review to follow!

Undereye Roll on Concealer in Light £3.59



VIVO say : Hide tired eyes with the latest roller-ball technology. Swipe this roll-on concealer under eyes for instant coverage.

Available in: Light and Medium.

My thoughts : I was pleased when I saw this as the roller ball is the same as my current favourite under eye concealer, the Garnier Caffeine Roll-on, the difference being that the Garnier one costs £10!
The flaw with the roller ball is that the concealer does seem to jam at times, this is nothing that a little shake doesn't resolve.
The big plus of the roller ball is that application feels lovely as the ball is really cold.
This isn't the most pigmented concealer that I have tried but it does brighten the under eye area and the roller ball refreshes the area.
I wouldn't recommend this for someone who has very bad under eye circles, but, if like me you're just looking for a little something to brighten up the eye area I highly recommend this product.

Trio Eyeshadow Palette in Sugar Plum £2.50


natural light
indoors with light on

VIVO say : A collection of 5 stunning eyeshadows to blend for the perfect smoky eye.

Available in: Sugar Plum, Graphite Glamour, Green with Envy, Be-Dazzled and Innocence.

My thoughts : As you can see from the swatches these eyeshadows are very pigmented.
There is no fall out at all.
I love that there is a tutorial on the packaging and I like that you can see the colour of the shadows without opening it up.
These eyeshadows really are lovely to work with and glide on with a buttery texture.
I used this palette on Saturday night, I applied at approximately 6pm and got home at around 2am and it was still going strong!

Below are some looks that I created with the palette...





VIVO also sell individual pearl and matte eyeshadows for £1.50 each, baked shimmer palettes for £6, volume mascara for £2.59, lengthening mascara for £1.50, curve effect mascara for £3, kohl eyeliner pencils for £1.50, liquid liner for £2, eyebrow pencils for £1.50, ultimate brow and eye kit for £5, lipstick for £1.99, diamond sparkle lip gloss for £1.50, shimmer and shine lip gloss for £1.99, brush and highligher duo for £2.39, pressed powder compact for £2.39, mattifying loose powder for £3, radiant boost highlighter for £3.59, highlighter for £5, primer for £6, concealer kit for £5, matte foundation for £2.59, bronzer for £4, baked blush for £4, baked bronzer for £5 - so yeah quite a lot of products for not a lot of dosh!

For me the only downside to VIVO is the fact that they aren't widely available. At the moment their products are only available in selected Tesco stores (full list available on their facebook page). I have enquired and they are currently in talks about selling the products on-line - so fingers crossed!

Disclosure - I was sent these products to review but my opinions are 100% honest.