Water Decal NOTD with Models Own Becca's Brown

Friday, September 9, 2011
I originally posted this as a guest post over on Flutter & Sparkle, unfortunately there has been an error with the pictures. Gemma has tweeted me from her holiday and suggested that I re-post it over here and she re-directs people here, so here goes!


I ordered these off this eBay seller for £1.99. They do take a bit of getting used to but once you get the hang of them they are a very easy way to jazz up a dull mani. I had Models Own Becca’s Brown on my nails which had chipped as I’d been wearing it in the office all week. I didn’t have time to do a whole fresh mani so decided to brighten up my stale nails.

I used:

Top coat, a sharp object to scrape excess from the side, nail clippers to trim the top, the decals themselves and some water.


Cut out the decals that you want to use and roughly trim them down to size. I just wanted to do an accent finger so just cut out two.





I held the one that I wanted to use in a glass of water for about 10 seconds and peeled the transfer away from the backing. (think of your childhood fake tattoos). I then carefully placed the decal in the position that I wanted it on my nail.

I applied top coat immediately and then waited for it to dry.


Once it had dried I carefully clipped away any excess with my nail clipper and scraped any off the sides. Be careful not to pull when doing this as it will drag the whole transfer off.




I then add another top coat for security reasons!!




I added another coat of Becca’s Brown on my other nails to cover up the nasty chips and there you have it, quite a simple and effective way to jazz up an old mani!




P.S. I was in quite a rush to go out and didn’t have time to tidy up! I’m usually the one that you see sitting in the pub scraping the polish from around my nails because I didn't have time to do it in the house! I use the excuse that its therapeutic but really I'm just never organised enough to leave the time to do it!


Its such a shame that this post didn't come out properly, I do suggest that you go check Gemma's blog out though as it is pretty cool :)