Review : Keromask Camoflage Cream - Light

Thursday, October 20, 2011
Hi all, how are you? I can't believe how cold its got!

I originally saw Keromask Camoflague Cream on Laura's blog and decided that I needed to try it out. They do a sample kit which is a good way of trying it out without parting with too much money. Delivery was very speedy and the presentation of the sample kit is really good.





Keromask claim that their concealers can cover a wide range of problems including acne, tattoos, scars and dark under-eye circles. For the purposes of this review I decided to test it out on my tattoo.

The product
As you can see it has covered the tattoo quite well. I think that if I had the time patience to apply coat after coat the tattoo would be hidden quite well. It is difficult to cover as my skin is raised, but in certain lights it is would be hardly noticeable. To cover this I originally started with Light Shade No.1, which was a little too light. I then blended Light Shade No.3 and the white mixer to come up with the colour that I wanted. I finished it with White Translucent.

It can take a while to blend the product in and to get the desired coverage but if you do have any scars that get you down I would highly recommend this.

Swatches
 Left to right - Light No.5, Light No.3, Light No.1, Light No.11, Light No.9, Light No.7 
 Left to right - Dusk Mixer, Yellow Mixer
Left to right - White mixer, Light No.15, Light No.13

You also get four powders which come in White Translucent,  Light, Medium and Dark.

Packaging
As this is a sample kit I didn't expect much from the packaging. The packaging is sleek and full of information. What I don't like is that the concealers and powders come in blister strip packaging, this makes it very messy!

Longevity 
This product lasts super long! Keromask actually recommend that you buy special wipes to remove the concealers. I managed to remove them but it did take quite a lot of scrubbing with a baby wipe.

Value for money
This sample kit is currently on offer for £2.99 (RRP £4.99) and comes in a choice of Light, Medium and Dark. The offer price is a very good one to try this product out, I'm not sure I would pay more as due to the packaging these are going to dry out quite quickly, also there are a lot of colours that won't get used. The full size pots of concealer and mixers cost £14.99 for 15ml of product. The finishing powder costs £15.99 for 20g of product, although I'm pretty sure that my ELF HD powder will do the same trick!

Some people may be able to get away with just buying the concealer and not a mixer, but even if you do have to buy a mixer it will last twice as long so still isn't too badly priced for such a fantastic concealer.

I am going to buy myself some concealer in readiness for my wedding, just in case I have a bad acne break out which tends to happen when I get stressed! I wouldn't necessarily spend that much money for everyday cover ups but I think this product is ideal for special occasions.

You can buy the sample kit here for £2.99 (standard Royal Mail delivery costs £0.50). The other options are also available on their website.

Have you tried these concealers or any other camouflage concealers?