October Boudoir Prive : Review

Saturday, October 22, 2011
Hi all, I came back from the Millenium Stadium yesterday (which was fricking awesome!) to a while you were out card. I had a feeling it would be my beautiful pink box so dragged Spencer straight to the sorting office!

My box...


The contents...

Skincare - Ceteum Illuminating Mask & Crème de Lite
Boudoir Prive say : Listed as one of the top 100 beauty brands by Harper's Bazaar, Cetuem is a breakthrough in skincare. These products will help you maintain a youthful complexion whilst brightening the skin and eliminating uneven skin tones. 

I say : I'm looking forward to trying these out. The Crème de Lite feels lovely and moisturising on my hand so I think it will be nice on the face. The mask is an exfoliating one which again felt lovely on the hand. I think these will both be lovely treats.

The price : Crème De Lite £45 for 50ml, we received 5ml which is roughly £4.50
Illuminating Mask £25 for 50g, we received 5ml which is roughly £2.50

Bodycare - Korres Quince Body Butter
Boudoir Prive say : An extremely rich and soothing cream for dry and chapped skin. The combination of vegetable oils has excellent compatibility with the skin, allowing for easy absorption. It provides uplifting and long lasting moisture.

I say : The smell of this body butter is really nice, it isn't too overpowering and it absorbs into the skin quickly.

The price : £12.50 for 150ml, we received 50ml which is roughly £4.17

Haircare - Leonor Greyl Huile de Palme
Boudoir Prive say : Huile de Palme is a pre-shampoo conditioner that will soften and nourish dry and damaged hair. From a range of hair care products that use only natural ingredients, delicate aromas and plant extracts.

I say : I've never heard of pre-shampoo conditioner before so am quite excited to try this, that is if I can get it out of the bottle! The oil seems to have congealed and gone quite clumpy and it doesn't want to budge! Not really sure what to do with it! It smells nice though!

The price : £24 for 95ml, we received 25ml which is roughly £6.32

Fragrance - Memo Paris Les Echappees (Sundance) 
Boudoir Prive say : Memo is a new Paris-based niche line of fragrances created by Clara Molloy. The samples are a mix of three ranges; Les Echappees, Les Orientaux and Voyages Naturels. Memo invites us on a sensory journey and aims to evoke ideas of dream and travel.

I say : I received Les Echappees which is described as A spicy tuberose underlined by pear. This perfume sample is a little better than the rest that I have received in beauty boxes because it has a pump. Its also better because I really, really like it! I don't think I'll ever be buying it due to the price tag but I will enjoy this little sample!

The price : £69 for 30ml / £105 for 75ml. I'm not sure of the size of the sample that I received.

Lifestyle - Rose & Co Rose Petal Salve

Boudoir Prive say : This rose scented salve soothes chapped lips and dry skin. It can also be worn as a glossy top coat over lipstick, an eye gloss, on brow bones or mixed with a shimmer powder to give a glamorous glow.

I say : How cute is this?! The packaging is just gorgeous. As you can see it is a pinky colour in the tin but goes on clear. The rose smell is actually quite powerful, if you don't like rose scent avoid this! I like it, it kind of tastes like Parma Voilets when wearing it on my lips! It feels really nice on my dry lips.

The price : £5 for 20g, we received a full size pot

Makeup - Studiomakeup Liner Styler Pen Black
Boudoir Prive say : For intense eye definition this deep black Liner Styler Pen glides on for a long lasting and crease-proof line. The slim and soft tip provides precision in a single stroke.

I say : I'm not won over by this to be honest. Roughly 5 minutes after the swatch photo was taken I rubbed it to test if it had dried, it smudged really badly! I then rubbed again after a further 2 minutes, it almost all rubbed off! It takes a very long time to dry! It does glide on nicely though.

The price : £12 for 1.1ml, we received a full size pen.

We also received a leaflet that entitles us to a skin consultation and relaxing mini facial with RMK in Selfridges. There are also goody bags while stocks last. This can be redeemed 3rd - 7th November. Unfortunately this is no good to me as we don't have a Selfridges in Wales! If anyone would like this let me know, if there are a few of you I will use random org to decide who to give it to.

Overall verdict
  • I love the majority of the contents in this month's box, we received two full size products and the total box contents come to roughly £35 not included the perfume sample.
  • I am a little annoyed to see that new subscribers received two extra samples in this box, they were samples that we received last month but that isn't the point. I have been a subscriber from the start and have received no benefit. People who subscribed to the second box got it for £5 and people who have subscribed for this box got two free products. I feel as though as loyal subscribers aren't being rewarded.
  • Despite feeling a little annoyed with Boudoir Prive I will be continuing my subscription because I do feel that their boxes are improving month on month.
Did you receive this box? Did you like it? Are you a subscriber from the start who feels a little neglected?