Review : Peacocks Evie Glam Blusher

Thursday, October 6, 2011
Hi all, today I am going to be talking about my bargain blusher that I picked up in Peacocks. This was in their sale for roughly £1, I bought it a while ago but they did still have some in my local store the other day so it is still available.



Packaging
This blusher comes in a handy little Benefit-esque box like a lot do now. It also comes with a little brush, I personally won't be using this brush but it may come in handy for touch ups on the go. The design on the box is pretty, I can't quite decide if I like the little hearts or if I find it a bit tacky, but it'll do.

As you can see my blusher is trashed! There was a clear plastic film over the blusher, I think the one in mine must have been cut too big because it was impossible to remove! I had to squeeze a tweezers underneath it and force it out, damaging the blusher in the process!

The colour on the box doesn't give a true representation to the colour of the blusher, there are no testers available.


Swatches
The left swatch is indoors and the swatch on the right is in sunlight. As you can see this is a very pale blusher, perfect for us of a porcelain complexion! There is a little shimmer in the blusher but it isn't too much.


The product
Again, the photo on the left is indoors and the right is in sunlight. As you can see the shimmer doesn't really show up much, it is barely noticeable in the sunlight. This is a good thing for me, I think that shimmery blushers tend to make my oily skin look even oiler so I'm not a fan. This is wearable with my oily skin.

Longevity
I wore this blusher to work today, I applied it at roughly 8:30 this morning, it is now 18:02 and the blusher is still going strong, despite my horrid oily skin which often makes make-up slide from my face.

Value for money
This retails at £3 full price, I paid roughly £1 in the sale. You get 13.5g of product. The blush is long wearing and a lovely shade. It is very good value for money and I would re-purchase.