October GlossyBox : Review

Monday, October 17, 2011
I think that this is only the second time that I have received my GlossyBox on time! I was very pleased when my neighbour handed over that gorgeous looking box as I do like to have a surprise.



The products...

GlossyBox say : A powerful thermal skin polisher that combines physical and chemical exfoliants.

I say : I like the smell of this and from what I have heard about it previously I am very excited to receive this in my box. It is a heat activated scrub which I love. I am 26 now so I do like to receive products that claim to help with those horrid lines that are starting to appear! 


GlossyBox say : A powerful masque of concentrated antioxidant vitamins to help skin recover and regenerate.

I say : I'm not to keen on the smell of this, it reminds me of the smell of the PVA glue that we used to use in school! Smell aside this is another product that has rave reviews so I am excited to try it.


Leighton Denny Expert Nails in Babydoll 12ml (full size) value £11

GlossyBox say : Beautifully groomed hands and feet are always in fashion and with Leighton Denny Nail Colours, it's easy to keep them that way.
They have given us 15% off the range.

I say : I've been wanting to try Leighton Denny for a while now so was pleased to receive this. The colour isn't necessarily 'me' but there is no denying that it is a gorgeous shade. The above swatch is with just one coat.



GlossyBox say : Stila's highly pigmented, waterproof eye liner glides on delivering intense, vibrant colour with staying power.

I say : Another product that excited me! I've never tried any Stila products before this and have been wanting to give them a whirl. The eyeliner is a beautiful colour and has great pigmentation. It glides on easily and when left to set it doesn't budge! My eyeliner won't twist up, I wrote on their facebook page about this and received a reply straight away asking me to email them. I have just emailed and am confident that GlossyBox will provide me with a decent answer - I will keep you posted!

Robert Piguet Eau de Parfums 3 x 0.8ml samples value approx £1.04 per sample

GlossyBox say : Fracas de Robert Piguet, Visa de Robert Piguet and Calypso de Robert Piguet are three Signature scents from the 'most Parisian of fashion designers'.

I say : I actually quite like all of these fragrances, I love that they provided us with three different perfumes from the range instead of just one perfume sample.


with Dermalogica Beauty Bag

GlossyBox say : A daily treatment that restores the delicate lip tissue.

I say : Love this so far. The product smells amazing and feels gorgeous on my lips. They also gave us a beauty bag which will come in handy.

Overall Verdict
  • Another pleasing box, I think everyone received the same products this month, just different colour nail varnish (correct me if I'm wrong!). I know this will please a lot of people as sometimes with the varying products you can feel that you lost out. 
  • As this is the sixth box GlossyBox provided us with a 6th product, plus a small beauty-related gift to help you carry your "six-pack", the Lip Complex and the beauty bag. I thought this was a lovely touch. 
  • They are know providing the QR codes for the products on the information card which should take us straight to that product on the GlossyBox website.
  • The products total comes to approximately £55.15!! Not too shabby hey!
  • I like that we have received several products from the range with both the perfumes and the Dermalogica products, this way we get a good experience of the brand.
  • GlossyBox have always added a refer a friend programme, for every person that signs up on your recommendation you get 200 GlossyDots, I can only assume that when people sign up they are now asked where they heard of GlossyBox.
  • There was a lack of discount codes this month which was disappointing, the last couple of boxes have provided discount codes for all the products, this month we only had one discount code.


If you are signed up to GlossyBox have you received yours yet? What did you think of the products?
If you aren't signed up does this box make you wish that you were?