The Day I got Engaged 09.10.09

Sunday, October 9, 2011
Hi all, slightly different post from me today as today is my Engagement Anniversary! I know most people don't celebrate their Engagement Anniversary's but I like to as I think the day you get engaged is such a nice, romantic day that it should be celebrated again and again!

We are away for the weekend, we are staying in the Park Inn in Walsall so yesterday we went shopping & had a meal in the hotel (provided all went to plan, this is scheduled!) and today we are touring Cadburys World :)

We don't buy each other gifts to celebrate but its nice to do something to mark the occasion.

I'm not sure how many of my readers know the story of how I got engaged, so today I am going to share it with you!

source

You may be wondering why I've put a photo of a roller coaster in this post, the answer is that that there is where I got engaged!

We went on a day out to Thorpe Park, which is where Spencer discovered that he hates roller coasters! Bless him, he kept going on all the rides and feeling really sick afterwards, little did I know he was going on them trying to find 'the' ride!  When we went on The Saw he decided that this is where it should happen! As we were hanging over the top he screamed at me "will you marry me" to be honest, I thought that he thought this was the end of his life haha! We got off and he whipped a ring from his pocket. I was so shocked and so pleased!


I think Spencer was more relieved by the fact that he didn't have to go on any more rides than the fact that I said yes!

We then went back to his brother's (we were staying there that weekend) where he had a bottle of Rose champagne chilling for us!

The next day we went to Ascot and continued to celebrate our engagement there.



We didn't have a party, I wanted one but Spencer preferred to save the money for the wedding. We are getting married next year on the 24 November.

I bought a book box from HobbyCraft and painted it up to keep all our little souvenirs of the weekend together!





the contents of the box


the cork from our first bottle of champagne



Do you celebrate your engagement anniversary? If so, what do you do for it?