ELF 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette in Everyday Basics

Thursday, July 21, 2011
When ELF were running the 50% discount I decided to pick up one of their 32 piece eyeshadow palettes, I didn't think it would be great, but its £9 full price so with the discount I paid £4.50 - which meant I couldn't leave it there!

The packaging...




The packaging is okay, nothing special but its nice and sleek. I like the clear bit that gives you a little preview as to what is inside. The applicator looks a little lost! Its not the easiest to open, this is one of those annoying palettes that you dread trying to open when you've painted your nails earlier in the day, just me?

Top row...



There are some nice colours in this row, some a lot more pigmented than others.

Second Row...


Some nice colours again, but I did find the end four quite chalky in this row.

Third row...



This is my favourite row by far as these are the type of colours I wear more often, I also think that this row of colours is a lot more pigmented than the others. Don't get me wrong, there are still some weak colours in this row as I'm sure you can see by the pictures, but the first two silver shades have won me over!

Fourth Row...




This is the worse lot of colours for me. It was a real struggle to get the camera to pick the first two swatches up, on the main photo you can hardly see the first swatch.

Verdict...


This is a very mixed palette. Some of the colours are gorgeous and have great colour pay off, then some of them are very weak, however the palette does only costs £9! I would recommend this palette exactly for the reason that ELF have branded it, as an everyday basics palette. This is a nice, affordable palette that is great for creating quick, basic daytime looks. I will get a lot of use out of the browns and silvers and am personally looking forward to creating some various looks with it. I also think (hope)  that a lot of these colours will work better with a primer.