Review : December GlossyBox

Saturday, December 17, 2011
I received the much anticipated December GlossyBox yesterday before heading off to Bristol for the Xmas Blogger Meet, which was amazing!

I love that the Christmas boxes were red instead of the usual pink - such a nice touch.



The products...


BIONOVA Eye Wrinkle Cream 4g approx £12.13

GlossyBox say : Utilizes the technology based on Life Science Nanotechnology by treating the skin with the same ingredients in the same quantities and ratio naturally produced by a Human Body.

I say : I love a good eye cream so was very pleased to see this in my box. The first thought when I saw this was the complete waste of packaging! Why use such a big box for such a tiny sample? It seems like a very good eye cream, it feels really nice and soft. As for fragrance, it smells a bit too soapy for my liking.




Blink+Go Eyeshadow and Blush Palette 19g (full size) £14.95

GlossyBox say : Blink+Go Eye makeup is the ultimate effect for eyes. Take your eye style to a dizzy height with maximum colour and a perfect silk texture and finish.

I say : This is such a lovely little compact palette and I am so pleased with the colours I received as I will use these. The swatches blew me away, I didn't expect the eyeshadow & blushers to be of very good quality, but, as you can see they are super pigmented. The eyeshadows are a lovely silky texture as described and have a beautiful shimmer.

They have given us 25% off any Blink+Go Eyeshadow & Blush duo or Mascara.


Cargo Classic Lip Gloss in Las Vegas 0.45g approx £0.95 (I think, I could be very wrong here)

GlossyBox say :  Cargo's new Lip Gloss formulation! Perfect shades, great wear and high shine without being sticky.

I say : The colour of this isn't really very me. This is a small sample which makes it ideal for throwing in your handbag for a night out. It applies really well and really isn't sticky. The glitter makes it look extra shiny, if it was in a different shade this would be ideal for the Christmas party season.


Deborah Lippman Razzle Dazzle Mini Nail Varnish approx £10.69 (again, pricing is a bit of a guess as I'm not sure of the sample size, so I could be quite wrong)
Deborah Lippman Stripped To Go Sachet approx £2.34

GlossyBox say : Party glitter nail colour with a sachet of the most amazing polish remover finger nail mitt.

I say : I was so pleased to see a Deborah Lippmann nail polish in my box as I have been dying to try one. I'm not disappointed either, the above photos were taken with two coats and just look gorgeous. I can see me wearing this polish a lot. 
I haven't tried the nail remover mitt yet as I'm wearing nail foils at the moment. I'll let you know how I get on with it, probably in a monthly summary post.

Rituals Foaming Shower Gel 200ml (full size) £6.50

GlossyBox say : This unique foaming shower gel gently cleanses your skin and leaves it silky soft and smooth.

I say : I haven't used this yet but it smells gorgeous. 

GB have given us a barcode which gives us £5 off a £25 purchase in any UK Rituals store, I don't think they have a store in Wales so I won't get to use this.

Overall Verdict:

  • My very rough estimate of the total box price is £47.56, which is very impressive. 
  • I will use almost every product, the only one that may not get used is the lipgloss, which is the cheapest thing in the box.
  • We received two full size products.
  • The star item for me is the Blink & Go palette, for me this was an excellent item to receive and really made the box stand out.
  • I hate to say this, but I was initially a little disappointed. Even though I love this box GB did build it up quite a bit so I was expecting something to 'wow' me or extra products. Please don't think I'm moaning as I'm not, I just think that GB maybe built the box up a bit too much.

Rumour has it that the January box is also going to be a limited edition box especially for Valetine's Day. If it is as good as this box I will be more than happy.

If you haven't already signed up to GB you can do so here. Existing subscribers may be interested to know that the Beauty Profile appears to be working. I've just filled mine in, it does say that it won't affect the box contents just yet but will be used in the future.

Did you receive this box? What was your star product? Did the box live up to your expectations?