Review : December JolieBox / Boudoir Prive

Monday, December 19, 2011
I received the all new JolieBox today which I was very excited about. For those of you who don't know Boudoir Prive have gone into partnership with JolieBox.

My box...



The Contents...
OPI Gold Shatter Nail Lacquer 15ml (full size) £10.50

JolieBox say : Apply over any dry nail lacquer to create a stunning "shattered" effect

I say : I was very pleased to see a full sized OPI in my box, then a little disappointed to see that it was a shatter one, then pleased again when I tried it. I'm getting a little bored of the crackle trend now but this is the prettiest shatter polish I have seen. I love the shimmer in it.

Mitchell and Peach Shower Wash 50ml approx value £4.00

JolieBox say : An invigorating shower wash containing natural English honey, Vitamin E and wheat proteins

I say : This smells very strong, too strong for my liking. I'm sure some people would love it though and I will give it a go. Hopefully the smell doesn't linger...

New CID Cosmetics i-gloss 6.2g (full size) £16.00

JolieBox say : Light up lip gloss with mirror for a non-sticky, long-lasting and high-glam shine

I say : I received this in Baby Doll which is a gorgeous pinky colour. The packaging is cute. I remember having a cheap lipgloss from Peacocks a few years back that lit up, everyone would be amazed when I pulled it out in the night clubs! The formula of this is lovely.

Jane Iredale 24-Karat Gold Dust 1.8g (full size) £12.00

JolieBox say : A multi-use shimmer powder in shade Rose Gold to apply to cheeks, eyes, lips, body and even hair

I say : This is very pigmented and has lovely flecks of glitter through it. I think this would look lovely applied to cheeks with a very light hand, although I do tend to avoid shimmery blushers as my skin looks greasy enough already.

Yon-Ka Vital Defense 5ml value approx £4.00

JolieBox say : Anti-aging prevention, antioxidant and anti-pollution cream to help the skin to preserve its youthfulness

I say : I love the smell of this and I love to receive a good anti-aging product so this is a win for me. My internet finds seem to suggest that this is a very popular brand amongst the celebs. It also seems to be quite difficult to get hold of. 

Bonus products...
Kusmi Detox Tea 20g value approx £1.90

JolieBox say : A delicious blend of Maté, Chinese Green Tea and lemon grass full flavoured with lemon 

I say : This was a lovely little bonus to receive and I look forward to trying it. JolieBox suggest that we have it the day after the night before, I'm sure the festive season will bring me plenty of opportunities to test this out!

JolieBox Concealer Brush

JolieBox say : Designed for blending concealer, the pointed tip provides precision for small imperfections whilst the flat side smoothes coverage across larger areas such as under the eye

I say : This was a lovely touch in a lovely box. JolieBox suggest that we use this with the Jane Iredale mineral powder. It feels like a soft but firm brush that should work well.

Overall verdict...
  • Overall a huge thumbs up for the JolieBox & Boudoir Prive partnership. 
  • I love the new box, it is sleek and sophisticated. A lot nicer than the old pink boxes.
  • The box contents total approx £48.40, we received five products plus two bonus products. Three of the five products were full size.
  • The card suggests how we use all the products together while 'getting primped for festive soirées' which I think is a lovely touch.
  • To continue the festive party theme we also had a code entitling us to 20% off at WishWantWear.com.
  • This box was so amazing due to the fact that its Christmas and its the first box of the partnership so fingers crossed standards won't start to slip.
  • I don't like the box that the information card doesn't tell you where you can buy the products, I spent a lot of time trawling the internet trying to find product prices.