Nail Art Fail

Thursday, July 7, 2011
Evening all, how are you today? I've finally recovered from my pollen induced coma, a result of walking home along the canal, so have decided to write a post!

You may remember me mentioning Emily's amazing tiger nails in my monthly summary post. They were amazing, my attempt wasn't!




One coat of NYC Spring Street

After dabbing Barry M shade 134 and Nails Inc Copacabana over the top using the corner of a sponge

Finished result

It didn't look as bad  blurred....

This nail art fail has really taught me that I need to invest in some nail art pens instead of using my Eyeko Eyeliner! I had to skip the gold step out as I didn't have a gold nail art pen, and I do feel that the black may have come out better with a nail art pen. The plus side of using eyeliner...I didn't like the design so instead of locking it in with a top coat I washed the eyeliner off and kept the gradient nails!

I'm still a nail art newbie so am definitely going to try this again as Emily did it so well! Do you have any nail art tips/recommendations?